20110204

Milk Liquid

My first thought was to sculpt with liquid material. I wanted to create a form that tricked the eye into believing that metarialet was something other than it was. Like one of the idea of entropy, that you think you see something that you do not really see. With the help of milk, water and gelatin I got the liquid to solidify. But unfortunately the material was not as though I had hoped for, and therefore I could not sculpt the material as my first thought. (Now I know how I will make the mixture better next time) Instead I started thinking about an other thought I have about entropy, the opposites. That the opposites can be bigger opposites but also at the same time similarities. And well ... it is possible to distinguish between my tiles in the bathroom and the liquid-tiles if you didn't know there were made of liquid? They are similar to each other in the color and shape and also in the glossy way, but at the same time incredibly different. The liquid plates also visualizes the formless thought that; form becomes formless - and formless becomes form .. over and over agian as an endless processing. Like ice becomes water.. and water becomes steam... and steam becomes... you get it:)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar